MAULID BILLIE ALI - BILLIE MEDIA: The prime minister’s daughter

The prime minister’s daughter



It was first February, the temperature was moderate and the weather can be summed up as tremendous and gorgeous. My wallet was full after being paid my monthly salary. The last thing I needed was luck, because when am full of money I love to hate mortals who wish me luck.
The day fell on a weekend and consequently I made it straight to a bar or do I call it a club/pub which I normally frequent. I sat at a corner and ordered a soda. Then there was this guy, whom you can call a member of the bar, as it is out of question to miss him from there, who came and fixed his big body just beside me. The problem with this guy is that he is ever moody, as if death is a daily occurrence within his family members or friends. His beloved drink is Tusker for reasons best known to him and him alone
Sometimes I thought if he plotted to tell me the adversities he is facing, I may be compelled to put mine into perspective
With the guy sipping his beer and I my soda, out of the blue an elegant and beautiful lady strolled into the bar and sat on a table that was not far from me. Frankly speaking, she was an Angel. She was dark-skinned and had small waist that from my point of view required sole sovereignty and should be awarded legal tender, Period.
The lady stole my attention and concentration. At that very moment, if anybody could have argued against her beauty I swear I could have chopped his/her head off. She ordered Amarula that is when it downed on me that she must be a lady of substance. As a matter of fact with my wallet full, I cannot order such an expensive drink.
As I watched her drinking from her bottle, myriad things went across my faculty of thinking. To confirm all of them, I accosted her. After the formal greetings, I just sat beside her. She did not show me any disdain or negativity. She told me her name, Susan Raila Odinga. I was taken aback or flagerbasted if you like. The Prime Ministers daughter. To make me believe what she said is true; Susan showed me several of her documents. That is when I came to terms with the bombshell.
To date I cannot tell you, where I got the guts from. I asked her, are u single? Foolish question of course. The answer I got, made me to praise the day I was conceived. Susan said she is single and searching. What could you have done if you were in my shoes?
As I was chit-chatting, with Susan, one thing that was in my head, was one day walking in the corridors of power. And that will only be possible if I posses her. Internally I told myself, get her or die trying. At exactly 11Pm, Susan left on her Range Rover sport after giving me her phone number and pledging to meet me tomorrow at the same place.
Surprisingly, the following day, at lunch time, I got Susan’s call, where she told me to meet her at the intercontinental hotel. Indeed lady lack had smile my way. The food and the service that I was given cannot be described by an English Adjective, maybe can be described using Chinese adjective that is, if Chinese language has got objectives at all.
From that day Susan and I, have been dating and we are on the right track as far as love is concerned. I have even resigned from my job. What Susan gives me is triple what used to be my monthly salary. And remember I no longer pay bills or rent.
And rumor has it that, once Raila Odinga becomes the President of this country, I will be made the minister for foreign affairs or constitutional affairs. I am crossing my fingers for all this to transpire.
Mauled. B. Ali

6 comments:

LIFE TURNS SOUR

She sat behind the wheel of a tinted Toyota corolla, pulled away from Haille Selasia Avenue and joined Mombasa road where Pamela came face t...