MAULID BILLIE ALI - BILLIE MEDIA: HER ROOM

HER ROOM

When I first saw her in a throng of people listening to a local politician,she looked like an angel from the sky. Euphoria and sadness engulfed my body as I watched her stunning beauty.

Several minutes later, and she still hadn’t noticed me. Her eyes glued on the politician, my eyes glued on her.

It wasn’t until the speaker reached the tail end of his address, that she finally lifted her gaze. She stared at me and all my senses heightened. I felt like breathing again after a lifetime of saffocation. She pretended listening to the speech, but her head remained slightly tilted in my direction.

Ten minutes later i lost her. I searched for her in the crowd, in every back exiting the address area. My breath caught when I saw her walking through one of the exit.

“I know you.” She beamed.

My heart pounded. “I know you too,” I mumbled.

The first time I spent with her by my side, I felt the long forgotten desire to make a wish. I sat in her room, held her hand, and wished for myriad years together. She smiled while I admired her cuteness.

She pulled me into her arms, her curved lips softly touching mine, her blissful eyes staring right at me. She lowered her head close to my ear and whispered “Did you make a wish?”

“I sure did.”

She laughed and tightened her arms around me. “Hm. I’ll think of some way to change your thinking line.”

I made it a habit to sit in her room. Usually watching the dawn before she woke up, or at night when I returned from social areas.

Early mornings, I longed for the moment she’d wake up and hug me quietly from behind. Her warm breath on my neck quickened my heartbeat, and I turned to face her. Her skin shone so brightly in the sunlight, I always thought she looked like an angel.

At nights,I waited for the automatic light to announce her return. My thoughts were always those of gratitude for one more night spent by her side.
Sometimes we would spend hours talking. Other times we would just stare at each other or  watch the the beautiful city skyline from her balcony.

“What if one day you betray me?” She groaned. “I’d be shattered.”

My hand slipped down her face, my senses memorizing every detail. Because deep in my heart I knew. She wasn’t the one who’d end up shattered — I was.

We returned home. I sat on her bed, and my thoughts drifted back to a myriad moment. My hands holding her face. I held her gaze possessively until I watched her releasing all tension. She didn’t move, didn’t look away. We kept gazing at each other until she pulled my head to her chest.

“Don’t ever betray me,” she said.

“I won’t.”

“I still think you will.”

“I’d never.”

“I can’t bear the thought.”

“I know. That’s why you’ll leave first.” I touched her lips with my finger demanding silence. She didn’t need to answer.

A year later, I find myself in the same address area i encountered her. This time I don’t have to be here. Everything has changed. Everything except my need to see her. Only this time my heart doesn’t pound every time I see a similar back or a pale-skinned lady. Now I know her inch by inch, and I don’t need to focus on a face to recognize her features.

I still treasure her shining smile under the sun, the way she breath would catch as she whispered “I love you,” her lustful eyes watching me climax.

Yet here I am.

In the address area I don’t need to be in, missing her room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LIFE TURNS SOUR

She sat behind the wheel of a tinted Toyota corolla, pulled away from Haille Selasia Avenue and joined Mombasa road where Pamela came face t...